Helping you go from idea to medicine
Navigating the rigors of the drug discovery and development process can be complex, time-consuming and costly. By collaborating with Discovery Partnerships with Academia (DPAc), you receive more than just access to industry experts and state-of-the-art research capabilities of a leading pharmaceutical company, you align with like-minded scientists who are just as committed to developing life-changing medicines as you are.
You’ll work as a cohesive team with DPAc scientists, creating and executing a jointly agreed upon project plan that includes funding for research accomplishments, milestone payments and royalties.
As part of a DPAc agreement, you will:
- Gain a single partner from idea to medicine
- Play a key leadership role in the project, working closely with drug discovery scientists from GSK
- Access state-of-the-art drug discovery platforms from early assay development and compound screening to medicinal chemistry, safety assessments, and drug metabolism and pharmacokinetics (DMPK)
- Participate in joint publications
- Receive financial support for your part of the research plan
- Receive payments for achieving development milestones (e.g. identification of a clinical candidate molecule, starting clinical trials) and royalty payments should the project result in a new medicine launch